Monday, March 15, 2010

4 Down 2 To Go!

I finally got to have my 4th treatment today. My platelets were still well below normal but were high enough for me to go ahead with treatment. My doctor cut the dose in half on one of my drugs (carboplatin if you care) which hopefully will resolve the platelet issue. Everything should be back on track now. Hopefully, nothing else will go way down and my last 2 treatments will stay on schedule. I do have to get my blood drawn once a week now for a while to see how things are, but I would rather do that and have an opportunity to fix anything that is too low before treatment.

On a side note, I bought and read The Notebook during treatment today. I actually liked the movie better than the book. I also thought Twilight ran circles around The Notebook. I don't know if I'll ever be able to read another book again without thinking it doesn't compare to Twilight. I know; I have a serious problem and need to seek addiction counseling. I wonder if they have a support group for Twilight addicts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, I found your blog from Harmony's blog, and read your first post, I wanted you to know I will be praying for you.
    My sister, Kay McIntyre, is a breast cancer survivor, for 10 years now, I still pray for her everyday also.
    I will be following your posts! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete