Thursday, October 28, 2010

Am I pretty?

Just FYI, this has absolutely nothing to do with cancer. It is an observation I made and thought was interesting, so I am sharing!

Last week, I went into Sherwin Williams to buy some paint to redo Luke's old playroom into my new office (YEAH!). Anyway, at the time I originally went into the store, I had just left the house and was as decked out as I get. Not that I'm a stunner or anything, but I was dressed nice, had on make-up, and my hair was as good as it currently gets. Anyway, the guy in the store was very friendly, attentive, and even gave me a contractor discount on my paint. He was not inappropriate in any way, but he did go above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. Fast forward to today. I went back to Sherwin Williams after dropping Luke off at school. This time, I was coming back home to work on the house so I was wearing old clothes, no make up, and a hat. I was the only person in the store. I needed them to darken up some paint I bought last week because it was too light. The guy took one look at me and told me they would work on it and give me a call later. I asked how long it would be (again, I'm the ONLY person in the store). He kind've sighed and said, "Well, if we stay slow like this, it probably won't be long. Just leave your number and we'll call you." They weren't rude per se, but come on, I'm the only one in the store. You can't just go ahead and get to work on it, and then if you get busy tell me to come back later. Seriously! So, now I'm curious. When I go back to Sherwin Williams later today to pick up my paint, you can bet I'm going to be looking a lot better than when I went in. Once again, I'm no beauty, but apparently a little make up makes a HUGE difference in how I look. I'm just going to conduct a little experiment and see if how I look makes a difference in how they treat me. Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet it does. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Maybe I should become an investigative journalist...

No comments:

Post a Comment