Monday, January 3, 2011

I AM DONE!

Well, I had my last Herceptin treatment December 20th and had my port taken out on the 30th. I am officially FINISHED with breast cancer. I don't go to the oncologist again until May. No more blood draws every 3 weeks, no more treatments, no more poking, prodding, or crazy side effects! I almost feel like something is missing I've gotten so used to all this stuff. Hopefully, in a couple of months, everything will be mostly back to normal. The side effects of chemotherapy can last up to 2 years after treatment is completed. My next treatment would have fallen next Monday if I had another one, so I am figuring to be pretty out of sorts most of next week. Your body actually goes through some type of withdrawal when you don't get your treatments, especially the hormone treatments I've been taking. Hopefully, we will all survive next week (say big prayers for Luke and Jeremy). I can get pretty moody and emotional when I'm having withdrawal symptoms. Anyway, I'm thrilled to be through and optimistic that I won't ever have to deal with anything like this again! I will never be able to thank everyone who has prayed for me, called, written, and encouraged me. Your love and support have amazed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment